Functional Medicine is not traditionally covered by health insurance. To make this approach more accessible to more people we offer the option of a Hybrid Membership model. If you qualify for our Integrative Medicine Membership and we participate with your insurance plan, you will purchase the treatment package listed below and we will bill your insurance for your office visit. You will still be responsible for your copays and any deductibles that apply. Specialty diagnostic testing and nutritional supplements are not covered under your program fee. For non-participating insurances and for individuals that chose not to purchase the Integrative Medicine Program, the hourly rates for Functional Medicine are $300 per hour. Discounted membership programs are available for your Personalized Integrative Medicine Core Treatment Package.
- A comprehensive Functional Medicine approach to Hashimotos thyroiditis, autoimmune conditions, chronic fatigue, hormonal imbalance, gluten sensitivity and other gut related imbalances, and unexplained chronic symptoms.
- Extended appointment times with our IFM Board Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner.
- Intensified lifestyle medicine team approach that includes access to all of our nutrition protocols including the diagnostic elimination diet, gut healing and detox protocol and a variety of functional medicine based nutrition protocols as indicated for your specific nutrition needs. All of our protocols are developed in collaboration with our FM Practitioner and a Registered Dietitian educated in Functional Nutrition.
- A personalized approach navigated by your individual Integrative Health and Nutrition Coach (onsite and/or by phone, email).
- Access to all of our core nutrition webinars.
- Bonus (no charge): Access to all or our onsite seminars and lectures,
- Access to our closed Facebook groups.
- Lower Membership options are available for those interested in on-going support.
- You may be able to use your Health Care Spending account to cover your program fees.
We are in the midst of an epidemic of chronic disease that threatens the health of our people and the economic well-being of our nation. Systems-based care and strong therapeutic partnerships are required to address the dysfunctions that arise when genetic susceptibility, environmental exposures, and unhealthy lifestyles intersect – as they do in varying ways for most people. Functional medicine is designed to meet just this challenge – to help practitioners and patients recognized, manage, and prevent the interconnected web of dysfunction that is at the foundation of chronic disease. IFM, 2013.
Our Functional Medicine approach focuses on;
1 – Personalized patient centered medicine
2 – Identifying underlying triggers for chronic disease/symptoms
3 -Integrating a science-based approach which incorporates the “whole person”, advanced diagnostic testing
4 -Therapeutic interventions focusing on nutrition, targeted nutritional/botanical supplements, therapeutic diets, detoxification and gut healing protocols and stress management techniques.
Dr. Ruby is board certified by the Institute of Functional Medicine