You may be surprised to learn that massage therapy has more than just relaxation and stress relief benefits. Studies have show that massage therapy can also be helpful in treating adrenal fatigue, digestive issues, fibromyalgia, headaches, chronic back pain, insomnia, sports injuries, and joint pain. There are many different types of massage that can range in amount of pressure and the types of movement used. Massage is no longer considered as just a luxury treatment, but a legitimate step in improving health and well-being.
Drew Welch – Licensed Massage Therapist
Drew Welch is a Licensed Massage Therapist and a graduate of the Central Maryland School of Massage where he was the first student to graduate from their expanded 750-hour program. He has taken over 200 hours of additional hands-on training in Advanced Sports Therapy, Fascial Stretch TherapyTM, NeuroKinetic TherapyTM, Contemporary Cupping Methods and Kinesiology Taping. He is also trained in Trigger Point Therapy, Functional Movement Screening, Personal Training, Corrective Exercise, Performance Enhancement Training and Reiki. His background and experience include several years of working for chiropractors and physical therapists as well as commercial gyms. Drew is one of the only people on the East Coast that has this specific training.
Drew holds the following qualifications/credentials:
- State of Maryland Licensed Massage Therapist, MD License #M05517
- State of Pennsylvania Licensed Massage Therapist, PA License #MSG010132
- Level 3 Certified Fascial Stretch SpecialistTM
- Level 1 Certified NeuroKinetic TherapistTM
- Certified RockTape Fascial Movement Taping Professional
- Certified Trigger Point Therapist
- Level 1 Certified Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Professional
- Certified Cupping Therapist
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Reiki 1 Practitioner